Follow by Email

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Upcycled Infinity scarf from shirt

After donating many hardly-worn shirts over the years from my daughters, I decided to make something out of them.  I've seen the Infinity scarves being worn and I really like them.  They're quite pricey in the stores!  So I got to thinking, Why can't I make one out of a sweater or shirt?  I perused the Internet and found this great tutorial (and I watched a lot of tutorials!) on how to make one:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WSiwjgXLKQ

This is how mine turned out......now I need to go raid my daughters' closet!  :)




As a side note, a lot of the tutorials say to use fabric with the dimensions of 60 x 12 or 13 inches.  Well, since I used a smaller shirt, I had to cut it up and sew the pieces together to get the same size of fabric in the end.  Being that it had such a geometrical print, it hid the seams quite well.  The measurement of my scarf was roughly 14 x 62.  I used a seam allowance of about a half inch for everything.  Like the other tutorials, I sewed the ends together the same way and I whip-stitched the opening that's left in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment